I’m an unrepentant biblophile who buys books, splays them across my bed and rolls around in the literary score. I don’t, however, always get around to finishing them, let alone reading them. This year, I’ve decided to change that (no more osmosis book wallowing for me!).
My personal challenge is to be reading two books at a time, finishing one a month. So anytime you see me, you can imagine I’m knee-deep in multiple plots and musings. This list will be ongoing so check back as the year goes on and more books are added.
Books on my list to read:
1. We Are Never Meeting in Real Life by the Hilarious Samantha Irby
2. Sour Honey & Soul Food by Billy Chapata
3. The Salt Eaters by Toni Cade Bambera
4. My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
6. How Long ‘Til Black Future Month by N. K. Jemisin
7. Well-Read Black Girl by Glory Edim
Books I’ve Started:
1. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
2. Becoming by my president Michelle Obama
3. Healing Ancestral Karma by Steven D. Farmer
Books I’ve completed this year:
1. What a Time to be Alone by Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower
2. Little Black Book by Otegha Uwagba